Normandia - Designed by Aldo Novarese and Alessandro Butti, Nebiolo Foundry, 1944-51
Available in several variations - lead from 8 to 72 pt
In our collection
Associazione Archivio Tipografico is an active and collaborative space for the preservation, the study and the practice of typographic arts.
The aims are to preserve, to keep alive and to reinvent in a contemporary way the craftsmanship knowledge for movable types composition and high quality letterpress printing.
The collection counts 9 printing presses in perfect working condition, and about 2000 font between wood, lead and plastic movable types. Plus: a Polar paper cutter, a precision milling machine, a plate machine, a stitcher machine and typographic tools of any kind.
- Tipografia Marchisio (main donor), Torino.
- Scuola Grafica Salesiana, Torino.
- Istituto Salesiano Bernardi Semeria, Colle Don Bosco.
- Antica tipografia torinese, Torino.
- Tipografia le Stelle, Torino.
- Tipografia Caraffini, Saluzzo.
- Tipografia Viano, Casa Bianca.
- Tipografia Maula, Biella.
- Tipografia Bonessa, Aosta.
- Tipografia AGI, Torino.
- Rota grafica, Beinasco.
- Tipografia Noire, Torino.
- Tipografia Grillo, Luserna San Giovanni.
- Tipografia Bogliani, Torino.
- Tipografia Amore, Gassino Torinese.
- Tipografia Anrò, Torino.
- Tipografia Fratelli Moglia, Torino.
- Ideal Grafica, Pancalieri.
- Tipografia Zappata, Torino.
- Tipografia Arduini, Torino.
- Grafica Palazzo, Torino.
Supporters & friends
Renato Stella, Walter Bassino, Giuseppe Moscardini, Giovanni Defilippi, Giuseppe Di Franco, Renato Boglione, Domenico Borra, Gaetano Donato, Walter Bertolino, Piero De Macchi, Graziella Marchisio, Enrico Tallone.
Partners & Collaborators
Print About Me
Piri Piri Atelier
Museo Tipografia Salesiana di Don Bosco
- Website design: Nello Russo
- Back/front-end website development: Lorenzo Migliorero feat. Fightbean
- Crew profiles photos: Giovanni Simoni
- Printshop section photos: Marco "Otto" Campeotto
- 23,56 anamorphish: Truly Design
This website has been awarded as:
- Site of the day on FWA Mobile
- Honorable Silver Mention on Awwwards
Associazione Archivio Tipografico organizes preliminary and advanced workshops on typography theory and letterpress printing practice. Subscribe to our newsletter using the form below to be informed on upcoming workshop and other activities.
Associazione Archivio Tipografico was born during the early 2000s on the initiative of Emanuele Mensa. Initially as a collection solely of typographic machines, it continued also as a collection of movable type, thanks to the contagious passion of Enrico Tallone, who also suggested the name we still carry today.
Today it counts 2.000 fonts of lead, wood and plastic movable types, a variety of functioning printing presses including platens and flatbeds, and several typographic tools of every kind.
A time-suspended place with two main goals: to preserve the tradition of high quality letterpress printing and the craftsmanship of the graphic arts; and to be among the most important Italian active studio devoted to the “Letterpress Revival“ movement.
It’s a collaborative working space, where new and old generation of printers, typographers and designers meet to develop artistic and commercial printing projects.